11/16/2008

Down Home Ever Lovin' Mule Blues by Jacquie Rogers

Socrates the mule, yes one of those hairy donkey creatures has a plan for his human Brody Alexander. He wants to see his human happy, I guess you could say that Socrates, Guinevere the skunk, Perseus and Beauty, the ever watchful companions are Brody’s fairy god watchers. The will do everything in their power to bring together not just one couple but two.

Rita Markum a retired barrel rider, now corporate city girl has returned to Grasmere, Idaho to care for her mother after surgery. She didn’t expect to lay eyes on the man she fell in love with ten years ago, and have the feelings rush back at her. She also had to keep an eye on the old busted up cowboy Luke that seemed to have more than friendly feelings for Rita’s mother Judy. After Rita approached Brody all those years ago, laying her body on the line for him only to get rejected, her heart still did that pitter patter beat when Brody was around.

Brody Alexander had a secret, he is one of the richest men around and is the CEO of a company that Rita desperately needed approval from. Everyone knew Brody as the bullfighter/rodeo clown, he loved the thrill and could not imagine being in a stuffy business suit and office for the rest of his life. But if it came down to it to keep Rita, he’d sacrifice anything. But hopefully it wouldn’t come to that, maybe Rita would come back to her roots and settle for the bullfighter that stole her heart all those years ago… she has no idea she’s had his heart for just as long. But stubborn is as stubborn does, and no I’m not talking about Socrates, I’m talking about LOVE.

Jacquie Rogers, author of Faery Special Romances has really outdone herself with Down Home Ever Lovin’ Mule Blues. I could not help laughing at Socrates’ plans and antics, I was love struck by the way her characters truly wanted each other, and I admit that I loved this 10 fold more than Faery Special Romances. It was so touching, heartwarming, and very well written that I could not put it down, I read the book in two days. Jacquie Rogers has a way of writing fantasy romances that puts the city girl with the cowboy in a most spectacular way with this novel. 5 Hearts

Contact Jacquie: www.jacquierogers.com

7 comments:

Mercy said...

I could not agree with you more... Thank you for the awesome review. I love it when the reviewer gives just enough story to hook you, like you do.

Deborah Macgillivray said...

I have to say hear hear!! As a review on staff at Paranormal Romance Reviews, we do Top Picks each month. You pick THE book you thought really stands out. I picked this book. Jacquie Rogers talent shines!

RowenaBCherry said...

What a super review. I'm definitely going to have to move this book to the top of my TBR pile.

This book would make a perfect Christmas gift. No one would be embarrassed to unwrap this title in front of all the family including grandparents and small children.

Candy Thompson said...

Great review! Makes you want to run right out and buy this book!

I'm reading it now, really enjoying it and would highly recommend it!

Diane Davis White said...

Jacquie Rogers has penned a wonderful story with comedic and romantic touches in equal doses. Great read!

idahocatlady said...

Hey, If only you knew were Triangle is!!! Loved the story. Love the author! I want more, Jacquie sis!!!

Victoria A. Houseman said...

Jacquie is a huge talent and I can't wait to read more of her books. Her romance, sense of humor, characters (two-legged and four-legged) are woven together seamlessly for a great story!